Want to create an easy Birthday handmade card for a friend? Then you are in for a treat! as today the team participating on “The Joy of Sets” are sharing exclusively Birthday card ideas! so I know you will enjoy seeing all the cards we are sharing as you hop with us from blog to blog.
Birthday handmade card for a friend
The card I am sharing with you uses the Thoughtful Blooms stamp set with the coordinating flower punch. This punch will be available again next June with the release of the new catalog, in case you didn’t get it during sale-a-bration this year.
I also used the Timeless Tulips stamp set for the “Happy Birthday” sentiment, but you can use any set that has this sentiment or a similar sentiment.
I really think that this card can be customized to a lot of other occasions, and what I love the most about this card is that it’s layout is easy to use with any other paper collection you might have.
The color combo
As usual I followed the color combination given on the designer series paper a.k.a. patterned paper, as I know this is an easy way to come up with colors that combine well together. This card uses the Ornate Garden designer series paper
- Old Olive
- Early Espresso
- Terracotta Tile
- Whisper White
- Daffodil Delight
The sketch to use
I like to use sketches for my cards, and lately I feel like I am enjoying it a lot more! I feel that having a sketch always helps you come up with ideas to recreate cards over and over using different themes or paper collections or stamp sets! Give it a try and you will see how easy this is.
Here is the sketch and the Birthday handmade card that I made using this sketch
I believe I have shared this, but the simpler the sketch the easier it is to come up with ideas on how to modify it! I think that sketches that have a lot of layers could make things harder. If you are just beginning to play with sketches, please start with simpler ones. Just think that you would need to use more colors or elements to substitute the layers on the sketch.
Measurements and supply list
If you are interested you can download the full supply list here
- Card base: Old Olive 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scraps for the leaf punch
- Terracotta Tile: scraps for the bloom punch
- Early Espresso: 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Whisper White: strip of 5 1/2″ x 1/2″ and scraps to die cut the circle
- Daffodil Delight: strip of 3″ x 1/2″
Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Ornate Garden DSP – 5 1/2″ x 3″
- Fold card base in half using the bone folder
- Die cut the border using the Ornate Borders Dies in Early Espresso and glue it to the left edge of the card
- Glue the Whisper White strip next to the border and then the designer series paper following the Whisper White strip. NOTE – you will need to cut any excess of the DSP on the right side of your card
- Die cut the circle in Whisper White and Glue it to the front of the card
- Punch two leaves in Old Olive and glue it onto the circle
- Stamp the sentiment on the Daffodil Delight strip and punch the edge using the tailored tag punch to form the banner end
- Glue the sentiment onto the card front
- Stamp in Terracotta Tile the two flowers and punch them out
- Glue the flowers onto the circle using dimensionals
- Add one gilded gem to the center of each of the flowers
If you loved this project using the Ornate Garden designer series paper, then you want to check this MEGA Tutorial Bundle!!
I have teamed up with demonstrators around the world to bring an exclusive bundle tutorial that includes 90 tutorials!!
This is an awesome resource that will help you create even more cards using the Ornate Garden suite from Stampin’ Up!, I know you will enjoy making all these projects!
So if you are interested, click here to get more information about this bundle
The blog hop line up!
As mentioned at the beginning of my post, we are sharing Birthday handmade card ideas for you to give it a try, so make sure to visit all the blogs participating in this blog hop. you can go to the next blog by clinking on the below button, or by clicking on any of the names from the below list! Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you have enjoyed my birthday handmade card idea!
Alejandra Gomez – YOU are here 😉
Want to remember this post for later? Save this Quick & Easy Birthday card idea in your favorite board!