Do you struggle choosing color combinations for handmade cards? if so let me tell you that challenges like this one will help you a lot for when you are struggling with ideas of which colors to use in your projects.
This is why I am joining this amazing team to help you with lots of ideas using the same color combination, and hopefully inspire you to make your own card.
Please note that all of us will be using the same color combo, however you will see that each of us used it in different ways, so make sure you got thru all the blogs participating in this blog hop to see all the ideas with only one color combination.
The color combination
For this challenge the color combination to use is the following:
I will be honest, I thought this combination was going to be hard, however it was super easy. So let me share with you an easy process to make a card using the colors that this challenge called.
Using Color Combinations for handmade Cards
As I mentioned above, I put together a quick and easy process to help you make cards using color combination.
- Get a sheet of card stock of each of the different colors in the color combo
- Then try to put it in pairs, one sheet on top of each other and then alternate, this will help you visualize which color you want for the card base and which one for the secondary color on your card. Below you will see all possible pairs you can form with this color combination.
- Flirty Flamingo with Soft Sea Foam
- Flirty Flamingo with Daffodil Delight
- Soft Sea Foam with Daffodil Delight
- Once you define which color you want to have as your card base, then start looking at the remaining two and check which one would go best as a highlight
- Select the stamp set you want to use and follow the colors you picked in the same way when stamping.
Below you will see my card following the above process, I selected the Soft Sea Foam as the card base (Main color), the Flirty Flaming as the secondary color and then Daffodil Delight as the highlight color.
When I stamped you will see that the larger image were in Soft Sea Foam and the smaller images were in Flirty Flamingo. And as far as the Daffodil Delight, I actually use some enamel dots to add some pop of yellow.
Soft Sea Foam 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, Flirty Flaming 5 1/4″ x 4, Whisper White 5″ x 3 3/4″ and scraps to stamp and cut the flowers, Daffodil Delight 3″ x 3/4″
Other Details on this Card
I wanted to keep this card simple and clean as I had the idea of using the Lovely You stamp set to make a wreath. Specially because I noticed one of the leave stamps had a curve, so I knew it would be perfect for a wreath. Below are the steps I took to make this card:
- Fold the Card base in half using bone folder to have a crispier fold.
- To make the wreath mark a circle with a pencil (lightly) to have a guideline as you stamp.
- Stamp with Soft Sea Foam the leaves image following the circle you draw on the Whisper White card stock.
- If you see any pencil lines, wait for the ink to dry and then erase these pencil lines gently
- Glue down the Whisper White onto the Flirty Flamingo card stock and then glue this to the card base.
- Stamp with Flirty Flaming 5 flowers and cut them with scissors.
- Stamp the sentiment with Early Espresso on the Daffodil Delight and cut the banner ends using the Tailored Tag Punch.
- Glue the sentiment using dimensionals onto the middle of the wreath
- Glue the flowers using dimeniosnals
- Add a few yellow enamels dots around the wreath
- Color a piece of the gold edge ribbon using Flirty Flamingo – dark stampin’ blends (alcohol marker)
- Make a bow with this ribbon and glue it to the card using glue dots
Hope you have enjoy this project and as mentioned before, make sure you go thru all the blogs participating in this blog hop! I know you will love it!! Click on the button below to go to the next blog.
The Supply List
You can see below the full list of Items I used to make these cards, if you click on the images below it will take you to my onlline store where you can purchase any of these items. I truly appreciate your continuous support 🥰